Other grants, services and facilities
Support for organisations by the University of Helsinki
The University of Helsinki provides organisations with its facilities, grants and email lists.
Organisations’ services for one another
Some organisations rent out their dinnerware, for instance, to other organisations. Various orchestras and choirs can also be booked to perform in organisations’ events (e.g. musical performances, dances, etc.)
There is also a Facebook group where organisations can agree on exchanging various items and services (reciprocal tasks performed at anniversaries or other events, for instance), called ‘HYY: Järjestöjen nakki- ja tavaranvaihtopörssi’.
Organisations’ own premises
Organisations operating under HYY have a lot of different premises at their disposal that other organisations operating under HYY can loan/rent. Usually, these are festive spaces or banquet halls. If you wish to rent organisations’ own premises, you should contact the organisation managing them directly.
Premises that can be rented from organisations include at least the following:
- Euphoria (Sörnäisten rantatie 33)
- Additional information: http://www.lks.fi/opiskelijaelama/euphoria/
- Käärmeenpesä (Sörnäisten rantatie 33)
- Additional information: http://www.kaarmeenpesa.fi
- New Student House, hall on the 4th floor
- Additional information: email@example.com
- Kilta-sali in Satakuntatalo (Lapinrinne 1)
- Additional information: https://kiltasali.fi/en/
- Premises in Ostrobotnia (Museokatu 10)
- Additional information: https://bottaevents.fi/en
- Venuu, regional search for festive spaces
- #Tapahtumapaikat (‘venues’) search at My Helsinki
- HS: Vuokraajan omat tarjoilut sallivia juhlatiloja Helsingissä (A listing of festive premises that allow the renter to serve their own food/drinks. The article requires a user account, and the list is from 2006, which means that some of the information is likely to be outdated.)
- You can reserve facilities for events such as meetings and dance or theatre rehearsals through Mun Stadi